Dr. Ming Liu is the "Tengfei" professor at School of Electrical and Information Engineering, the director of the laboratory for Integrated Multiferroic Materials and Devices, and the Vice Dean of Graduate School at Xian Jiaotong Uinviersity. He obtained his Ph.D. degree from Northeastern University in Boston. Dr. Liu was the recipient of ‘One Thousand Talents Plan’ of China, ‘ One Hundred Talents Plan’ of Shaanxi Province, Argonne Director’s Postdoc Fellowship and NEU Outstanding Research Award. Dr. Liu’s research has been focusing on the intelligent magnetic materials and devices, integrated multiferroics for novel electronics/spintronics, RF devices and memories. He has over 100 peer-reviewed articles (Such as Nat. Commun., Adv. Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., ACS Nano, IEEE series etc.) and 40 conference abstracts. One of the first-authored paper was selected as "the 10 most outstanding full papers in the past ten years (2001~2010) in Advanced Functional Materials”. The total citation is over 2600 times, with H factor 27, and three of them were cited more than 100 times. Dr. Liu has given over 30 invited presentations and seminars in national and international conferences, universities. He serves as the associate editor of JMIHI, editorial board member of Scientific Reports and IEEE Mag. Lett., and the guest editor of Sensors and Physics Letter A. He is the senior member of the Chinese Institute of Electronics. Dr. Liu led and participated many General Programs and Key Programs from the National Natural Science Foundation of China, programs of the State Key Development Program for Basic Research of China and 2011 collaborative innovation center, and programs of AFEL, US Naval Research Office, National Science Foundation and National Energy Technology Laboratory.
|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering||Northeastern University||2010.05|
|M.Sc||State Key Laboratory of Molecular Reaction Dynamics||Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS||2004.07|
|B.A.||Mathematical Physics||Inner Mongoliar University||1999.07|
|Professor and Doctoral Supervisor||the laboratory for Integrated Multiferroic Materials and Devices||Xi'an Jiaotong University||China||2013 to Present|
|Argonne Scholar||Center for Nanoscale Materials||Argonne National Laboratory (ANL)||U.S.A||2010 to 2012|
- 2016, ‘Hundred-Talent’ Program (Shaanxi)
- 2015, ‘Young top-notch talent’ (A Class, Xi'an Jiaotong University)
- 2014, ‘Tengfei’ Distinguished Professor (Xi'an Jiaotong University)
- 2013, ‘Thousand Talent’ Program (the Organization Department of the Central Committee of the CPC)
- 2011, Director’s Postdoctoral Fellowship of Argonne National Laboratory ( Less than %5 chance in 2011)
- 2010, One of ten most outstanding papers in the past 10 years published in Adv. Funct. Mater
- Vice Dean of Graduate School at Xi'an Jiaotong University
- Xi'an CPPCC member
- Youth Committee of the Federation of Returned Overseas Chinese
- Editorial board member of Scientific Reports
- Editorial board member of JMIHI
- Guest Editor of Sensors
- Guest Editor of Physics Letter A
- Senior Member of the Chinese Institute of Electronics
Dr. Liu’s research has been focusing on the intelligent magnetic materials and devices, integrated multiferroics for novel electronics/spintronics, RF devices and memories.
- B. Peng, Z. Zhou#, T. Nan#, G. Dong, M. Feng, Q. Yang, X. Wang, S. Zhao, D. Xian, Z-D Jiang, W. Ren, Z-G Ye,N. X. Sun, and M. Liu*, “Deterministic Switching of Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy by Voltage Control of Spin Reorientation Transition in (Co/Pt)3/Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O3–PbTiO3 Multiferroic Heterostructures” ACS Nano, 10.1021/acsnano.7b01547 (2017)more >
- S. Zhao, Z Zhou*, B. Peng, M. Zhu, M. Feng, Q. Yang, Y. Yan, W. Ren, Z-G Ye, Y. Liu, M. Liu*, “Quantitative Determination on Ionic Liquid Gating Control of Interfacial Magnetism” Advanced Materials DOI: 10.1002/adma.201606478 (2017 elected as the cover article) more >
- M. Zhu, Z. Zhou*, W. Ren*, B. Peng, S. Zhao, Y. Zhang, G. Niu, Z-G Ye, Y. Liu, M. Liu*,“Modulation of spin dynamics via voltage control of spin-lattice coupling in multiferroics” Advanced Functional Materials DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201605598 (2017 elected as the cover article) more >
- M. Liu*, T. Nan, J.-M. Hu, S. Zhao, Z. Zhou*, C.-Y. Wang, Z.-D. Jiang, W. Ren, Z.-G. Ye, L.-Q. Chen, N. X. Sun*,“Electrically controlled non-volatile switching of magnetism in multiferroic heterostructures via engineered ferroelastic domain states” NPG Asia Materials, 8, e316 (2016)more >
- Z. Zhou, T. Morgan, Y Gao, Y Gao, D. Qiu, K. Ashraf, T. Nan, X. Yang, S. R. Bowden, D. T. Pierce, M. D. Stiles, J. Unguris, M. Liu, B. M. Howe, G. J. Brown, S. Salahuddin, R. Ramesh, N. Sun, “Probing electric field control of magnetism using ferromagnetic resonance” Nature Communications, 6, 6082 (2015)more >
- X. Yang, Z. Zhou, T. Nan, Y. Gao, G. M. Yang, M. Liu*, N. X. Sun,“Recent Advances in Multiferroic Oxide Heterostructures and Devices” Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 4，234-243 ( 2016, invited review)more >
- M. Liu*, Z. Zhou#, T. X. Nan, B. M. Howe, G. J. Brown, N. X. Sun,“Voltage Tuning of Ferromagnetic Resonance with Bistable Magnetization Switching in Energy-Efficient Magnetoelectric Composites” Advanced Materials, 25 (10), 1435 (2013)more >
- M. Liu*, B. M. Howe, L. Grazulis, K. Mahalingam, T. X. Nan, N. X. Sun, G. J. Brown,“Voltage-impulse-induced non-volatile ferroelastic switching of ferromagnetic resonance for reconfigurable magnetoelectric microwave devices” Advanced Materials, 25 (35), 4886 (2013)more >
- M. Liu*, J. lou, S. D. Li, N. X. Sun*, “E-field control of exchange coupling and deterministic magnetization switching in AFM/FM/FE multiferroic heterostructures” Advanced Functional Materials, 21, 2593 (2011)more >
- M. Liu, O. Obi, J. Lou, Y. Chen, Z. Cai, S. Stoute, M. Espanol, M. Lew, X. Situ, K. S. Ziemer, V.G. Harris, N. X. Sun*, “Giant Electric Field Tuning of Magnetic Properties in Multiferroic Ferrite/Ferroelectric Heterostructures” Advanced Functional Materials 19, 1826 (2009) (Advanced Functional Materials Ten years 10 excellent paper award)more >
- J. Lou, M. Liu, D. Reed, Y. Ren, N. X. Sun, “Giant Electric Field Tuning of Magnetism in Novel Multiferroic FeGaB/Lead Zinc Niobate–Lead Titanate (PZN-PT) Heterostructures”,Advanced Materials, 21, 4711 (2009)more >
- 2017.11.26-2017.12.1,2017 MRS Fall Meeting, Materials Research Society, Boston, U.S.A.
- 2016.6.19-2016.6.23, 9th International symposium on metal multilayer film, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- 2016.8.28-2016.9.5, 2016 Sino-German Cooperation Forum, University Potsdam, Germany.
- 2015.12.15-2015.12.20, Pacifichem 2015, American Chemical Society (ACS), Hawaii, U.S.A.
- 2015.11.29-2015.12.04,2015 MRS Fall Meeting, Materials Research Society, Boston, U.S.A
- 2015.07.04-2015.07.06,International workshop on thin-films for electronics, electro-optics, energy and sensors, Suzhou University, Suzhou,China.
- 2015.5.24-2015.5.27,ISAF-ISIF-PFM 2015, IEEE UFFC branch, Singapore
- 2014.10.26-2014.10.30,AMF-AMEC-2014, Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, CAS, Shanghai,China.
- 2014.10.28-2014.11.2, ICAUMS 2014, Asian Union of Magnetics Societies, Haikou, China.
- 2013.7,International Symposium on Integrated Ferroelectrics (ISIF) 2013, Texas, U.S.A .
School of Electronic and Information Engineering
Xi'an Jiaotong University
28 W. Xianning Rd.
Xi'an, Shannxi 710049, China